- When I finally get my own clay pot, I’m making “kho” (i.e., caramelized) everything!
- Lemongrass is one of the staples in Vietnamese cooking.
- When I visited Vietnam, one of my favorite experiences was sitting on the sidewalk, on little plastic chairs, eating Banh Beo. Delicious!
- As a kid, on Sundays we’d always eat either Pho or Banh Mi. If you’re even in SF, the absolute, hands-down, best place to go for Banh Mi is Saigon Sandwiches in the Tenderloin.
- This is one of my go-to dishes when I want comfort food and feel like soup. Although I don’t always make it the authentic, traditional way, the fiancé and other people who’ve had it have always given me rave reviews.
- This is a classic Vietnamese desert- my dad is known to eat at least two large servings when we go out to eat.